GO 67 AP DULHAN Scheme to Minority Girls At the Marriage time cash 50,000
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Minorities Welfare Department – Introducing “DULHAN” for providing financial assistance of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) to each girl belonging to the Minority at the time of Marriage residing at Andhra Pradesh State – Orders – Issued.
MINORITIES WELFARE (SDM) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. Dated:29thApril, 2015.
Read the following:
- G.O.Rt.No.340, Minorities Welfare (Wakf-III) Department, dated.21.07.2008.
- G.O.Rt.No.123, Minorities Welfare (Wakf-III) Department, dated.24.04.2012.
- G.O.Rt.No.276, Minorities Welfare (ICM-II) Department, dated.08.10.2012.
- G.O.Rt.No.159, Minorities Welfare (SDM) Department, dated.04.09.2014.
Government have enabled scheme for conducting Mass Marriages of poor Muslims & Christian girls in the State who are below the poverty line vide G.O. 1st to 3rd read above. As per the assurance given by the Hon’ble Minister for Minorities Welfare on the floor of Legislative Council, a Committee was constituted to look into the possibility of increasing the amount of financial assistance for conducting of Mass Marriages of Poor Muslim girls from Rs.25,000/-, the eligibility criteria and also the mode of payment vide G.O. 4th read above.
2. Government after careful examination of the matter and the recommendations of the Committee, hereby introduce the Scheme of “DULHAN” for all unmarried girls belonging to Minority Community at marriage in supersession of orders issued in the G.O.s with regard to Mass Marriages of Poor Minority Girls, with a view to reduce financial distress in their families. Under the Scheme, a onetime financial assistance of Rs.50,000/- before the Marriage shall be sanctioned to eligible unmarried girl belonging to the minority community, subject to the following guidelines given as under:
I. Eligibility Criteria:
- (a) The unmarried girl shall belong to the minority community.
- (b) The unmarried girl shall be a resident of AP State.
- (c) The unmarried girl should have completed 18 years of age and the Bridegroom should have completed 21 years at the time of Marriage.
- (d) The Income of the Bride Parents shall not exceed Rs.1,00,000/- per annum.
:: 02 ::
II. Procedure for application and processing:
(a) The Prospective bride shall apply on online only for availing the Marriage Incentive.
(b) The applicant may apply one month before the date of marriage.
III. The following certificates shall be attached
(a) Date of Birth of Bride and Bridegroom – Issued by the competent authority through MEESEVA Centre. (In case SSC Certificate / Voter ID Card / Ration Card / Aadhar Card are available, any one of the copies of the same shall be submitted instead of Date of Birth Certificate).
(b) Community Certificate – Issued by the competent authority.
(c) Aadhar card of the bride and bridegroom to be scanned and uploaded.
(d) A scanned copy of the first page of Bank Pass Book (Savings Account having online facility) containing the photo of the bride and the account details in the name of the bride.
(e) Latest Photograph of the Bride and Bridegroom to be scanned and uploaded.
(f) Wedding Card if available.
(g) Joint Declaration from both the Bride and Bridegroom that this is their first marriage and they have not claimed any marriage incentive earlier from the Govt. and they will submit the marriage letter/certificate from Gram Panchayat / Church / Mosque / any other authority / institution which has performed the marriage with Marriage Photograph within a fortnight from the date of Marriage. This declaration shall be counter signed by two witnesses (who shall be guarantees) on plain paper giving the complete address and Aadhar number of the witnesses.
(h) After the Marriage is performed the beneficiary should submit the joint Marriage Photograph and Marriage Certificate.
3. After the beneficiary applies on online and the information shall be forwarded to concerned Tahsildar of the Current Residential Address of the Bride who shall verify the details and forward the same on online to the District Minorities Welfare Officer within one week positively.
:: 03 ::
4. After the online Application is received from the Tahsildar, the District Minorities Welfare Officer would sanction the incentive on online as per budget availability. The incentive shall provisionally be sanctioned 10 days prior to the Marriage for the beneficiaries who apply one month before the Marriage and the incentive amount shall be released / credited into the bride’s account only after producing Nikah Nama / Marriage Certificate issued by Khaji / Pastor / any other competent authority within 60 days from the date of Marriage.
5. After the Marriage, the District Minorities Welfare Officer shall verify the performance of the Marriage and confirm the information through online and take action to transfer an amount of Rs.50,000/- through online into the Bride’s Account.
6. The expenditure shall be debited to the following head of Account:
2225 – Welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and
80 - General
800 - Other Expenditure
G.H.00 – Non Plan
S.H.17 – Conduct of Mass Marriages for Minorities
310-312 – Other Grants-in-aid.
7. The Centre for Good Governance (CGG) is requested to develop a Web Site which enables the applicants to apply through online.
8. The Commissioner, Minorities Welfare shall ensure wide publicity of the Scheme through District Minorities Welfare Officers in the state and take necessary action accordingly.
9. This order issues with the concurrence of the Finance (EBS.III) Department, vide their U.O.No.266/26/A1/EBS-III/15, dated:11.02.2015.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SHAIK MOHAMMED IQBAL
SPECIAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (FAC)
The Commissioner, Minorities Welfare, Hyderabad.
The Pay & Accounts Officer, A.P. Hyderabad.
All the District Treasury Officers in the State
All the District Collectors in the State.
All the DMWOs / EDs in the State.
All the HoDs under administrative control of
the Minorities Welfare Department
The Director General, Centre for Good Governance,
MCR HRD, Hyderabad.
The Director, MEESEVA Centre, Hyderabad.
The P.S. to Secretary to Chief Minister
The OSD to Minister for Minorities Welfare
The PS to Chief Secretary
The PS to Special Secretary to Govt., M.W. Department.
// FORWARDED BY ORDER //